1. Purpose of the terms and conditions.
2. Revised Terms and conditions
3. Additional terms
4. Notification and contact information
5. The conclusion of the usage contract.
5.1. The “use contract” is concluded by a person who wants to become a ‘member’ (hereinafter referred to as a “subscription applicant”) agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, and the ‘subscription applicant’ becomes a “member” and can freely use the “service” from the time the “Company” approves.
5.2. The “Company” can collect (personal) information such as the e-mail address of the “subscription applicant” during the signing of the usage contract, and in this case, the “subscription applicant” must provide accurate (non-false) information. The use and storage of personal information applies as a separate personal information processing policy.
5.3. The “Company” may suspend or reject the “subscription applicant” ‘s application for membership if action of mechanical access, account theft, provision of false information is found.
5.4. Only the applicant himself/herself is allowed to apply for membership, and no membership other than himself/herself is accepted. If the person wishing to become a member is a minor, it is interpreted that the consent of the legal representative has been obtained for using this service.
5.5. Members shall not allow third parties to use their membership or lend, transfer, sell, or guarantee membership.
6. Members' rights and obligations
Members shall not engage in any illegal acts, including the acts exemplified below in relation to the company’s assets, and you may be held liable for civil and criminal purposes in accordance with the relevant laws. In this case, the company may temporarily or permanently restrict the use of “services” by “members”.
(1) Company assets cannot be used for illegal purposes or for any purpose not explicitly permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
(2) Do not interfere with this service by damaging, making it unusable, or overloading the company’s assets, especially this service.
(3) Do not use company assets to transmit worm, virus, or destructive code.
(4) Do not transmit, share, or publish content that contains hate, threats, obscenities, insults, racist content, content that contains negative content about a specific group, content that is aggressive or slanderous against others, and content that may defame others.
(5) You should not create or decorate false websites online with the intention of implying that they are related to the company and/or its assets.
(6) You should not use company assets for commercial purposes or engage in action that imply that they are related to company and/or company assets.
(7) Do not use this service or access this service through any method or route other than the interface provided by this service.
7. Unauthorized Use Control
8. Privacy information protection
8.1. The company strives to protect your personal information as prescribed by relevant laws and regulations.
8.2. In principle, you agree that Korean law applies to the processing of personal information in this service. However, if you live in a country where the application of Korean law is excluded, the laws of the country of residence apply to personal information processing.
9. Be careful about expression
9.1. Members may not send, forward, register, or display the following information (hereinafter referred to as “expression”) in any case, such as setting up an account in this service, live or otherwise.
(1) To damage the honor or credit of the other party or another person (including corporation).
(2) Including obscene expressions or nude images.
(3) Causing fraud, falsehood, deception, or misunderstanding.
(4) Encouraging discrimination, prejudice, racism, hatred, harassment, or infringement against an individual or organization.
(5) Encouraging violent or intimidating acts against others.
(6) Indecent objects, pornography, child pornography, adult products, nude photos, adult videos, and adult games.
(7) Contents of prostitution and child prostitution.
(8) Pyramid scheme, any content on fraudulent system of making money based on recruiting and ever-increasing number of “investors”.
(9) Contents carried out by theft, robbery, fraud, intimidation, embezzlement, breach of trust and other crimes.
(10) Infringement of patent rights, utility model rights, design rights, trademark rights, copyrights, portrait rights, and other rights of others.
(11) Including the PC virus.
(12) Asking for dating.
(13) Accepting the requests for dating.
(14) Mediating information about dating.
(15) Acts that are contrary to social order.
(16) Personal information, trade secrets, and other information that is not disclosed in general.
(17) Crimes and other violations of laws and regulations.
(18) To create content or acts that violate other laws and regulations.
9.2 The company may delete information related to expression by members (hereinafter referred to as “member expression information”) if it violates this protocol and if company determines that it is inappropriate.
9.3 A member shall not exercise the author’s personal rights against a person who has handed over or granted the right, even if a copyright arises regarding “member expression information”.
11. Company’s rights and obligations and indemnification
11.1 The “Company” reserves all rights to this “service”.
11.2 The “Company” strives to provide “services” stably, but in the case of natural disasters, wars, and other irresistible force, and in the case of Article 3, the “service” may stop and the “Company” is not responsible for this.
11.3 “Company” shall not be liable for damages caused by “members” using “content” unless attributable to “Company” ‘s intention or negligence.
12. Compensation for damages
13. Indemnification Clause
13.1 The company or member is responsible for compensating the other party for damages in violation of this use contract. However, this is not the case if there is no intention or negligence of the actor.
13.2 In the event of damage to a member due to the following reasons, the company shall not be liable for the damage when it proves that the manager has taken the necessary care to prevent the occurrence of damage to the member.
(1) In the case of irresistible, such as wartime, incident, natural disaster, or equivalent national emergency, etc.
(2) In a case where a government agency complies with de facto of government agencies or legal administrative dispositions and orders, etc.
(3) In the case of service failure of a telecommunications service provider, including a key telecommunications service provider under the Telecommunications Business Act.
(4) In the event of a service failure due to a defect in the outsourcing system that the company cannot manage or a reason attributable to the user.
(5) In the event of a server failure due to an instant increase in access to the homepage or a flood of orders for some event, etc.
13.3 The company can conduct regular or urgent server inspections for stable service provision and security. In the case of regular server inspections, notice is made 24 hours before the service is suspended through the company’s website, and in the case of urgent server inspections, notice is made at the earliest time the company can.
13.4 The company can take necessary measure such as suspension of services and suspension of deposits and withdrawals to the minimum extent necessary if the server is expected to fail due to computer failures, instantaneous increased access to homepages, or excessive service use.
14. Inactive account policy
15. Payment and Cancellation Refund Regulations
15.1 Members can apply for purchase according to the methods and procedures provided by the company.
(1) Log in to a member's account, and for non-members, log in after signing up as a member.
(2) Select the service you want to purchase.
(3) Selection of payment method (credit card, mobile phone, overseas payment)
(4) Indication that he/she agrees to these terms and conditions.
15.2 The company provides reservation services for products (concerts, lectures, events) through the Internet, and the period of reservation varies depending on the product used by the member, payment method, and delivery method, which follows the information specified in the relevant product guide of this service.
15.3 If the service purchased by the member is out of stock or cannot be provided due to artist circumstances, etc., the company shall notify the user of the reason without delay and take the contract termination and refund procedure within 3 days from the date of receipt of the goods or services in advance.
(1) Cancellation of the reserved service can be processed by contacting the reservation channel or customer center before the event's cancellation deadline.
(2) The closing time for sales and cancellation shall be in accordance with the contents specified in the instructions for each product on the company site.
(3) Credit card payers cancel their existing payments when requesting cancellation of their reservations, and the refund method and refund date of the canceled amount may vary depending on the credit card company's refund processing standards.
(4) In the case of mobile phone payers, the cancellation of the reservation cancellation request will be made in accordance with the mobile phone micro-payment carrier's policy, and the payment details will be deposited into a refund account under the user's name.
15.4 For the protection of good users, the company may restrict reservations or cancel the relevant reservations for a certain period of time without prior notice to the following users.
(1) In the case of the same performance, if there is a history of repeated purchase/cancel of tickets more than five times,
(2) In the case of cancellation after repetitive large purchases,
(3) In a case where there is a history of purchasing/canceling 50 or more times for products sold by the company within the last month.
(4) If measures such as reservation restrictions are taken, the relevant user may explain, and if a reasonable explanation is submitted within the deadline by granting a deadline of one or more days, the reservation restrictions may be terminated.
(5) If a user uses beyond the permitted access range, or damages the company or other users to acquire property benefits through abnormal purchases (using macro-lantern programs, repetitive purchases/cancellations, etc.), the member may restrict, suspend, or lose membership.
16. Governing law and jurisdiction
16.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Korean law, and the Korean court shall have jurisdiction.
16.2 Litigation regarding disputes between “company” and “members” shall be governed by the address of the member at the time of filing, and if there is no address, it shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the district court having jurisdiction over the residence. However, if the address or residence of the member is not clear at the time of filing, the competent court shall determine in accordance with the Civil Procedure Act. In the case of customers with addresses or residences abroad, lawsuits against disputes between the company and customers shall be made by Seoul Central District Court in Korea as the competent court.